They not only look great, window awnings can reduce energy consumption by 20 to 25% or more…
New Jersey’s leading source for residential window and patio door awnings, Awning Design’s window awnings are available in motorized, manual crank and stationary models. All window awnings are custom-made, professionally installed and include factory backed warranties.
Why Consider Window Awnings?
- Awnings can reduce a home’s internal temperature by 8 to 15 degrees
- Solar radiation through glass is responsible for approximately 20% of the load on a residential air conditioner
- On a hot day, more energy is lost through one square foot of glass than through an entire insulated wall
- A fabric awning reduced heat gain by 55% to 65% during the period of the day when the sun shines directly on southern facing windows, and 72% to 77 % for western exposures
It is important to select a style that will accommodate how much sun penetrates the windows.
Choose the type of window awning which best suites your needs, based on which direction your windows are facing:
- Southern and Western exposure: Homes with windows on the southern and western sides have the potential for extreme heat gain. A great option to help block the sun is the use of awning with sides for added protection.
- Northern and Eastern exposure: You might want less coverage at times and a retractable window awning could be a terrific solution.
- Seasons make a difference: In order to take advantage of the sun’s warmth during the winter, some awnings are designed to roll up out of the away and others can be removed and stored away.