When Choosing a Retractable Awning:
- Select a company that has extensive knowledge about retractable awnings, not just the cheapest price.
- Search for awnings made of high quality, powder-coated aluminum, with all stainless steel hardware and long factory warranties.
- Make sure the fabric cover you select is 100 percent marine quality solution dyed acrylic awning fabric made here in America, or by many quality European fabricators with distribution in this country. Anything less may indicate the entire product is of inferior quality.
- Motorized awnings should have a manual over-ride motor whenever available.
- Installation of your awning should be performed by factory trained professionals and come with company backed warranties.
- Ask for references, or check out customer reviews to be sure the company and products are reputable.
- Deal with a company that has full-sized, working models in a showroom. This will give you additional confidence they will be around when future service and technical support is needed.